Member Spotlight|Michelle Darsow

Our member spotlight features a woman always active and on the go and you could understand why.  Michelle Darsow is a wife, FXB Andover member and mother to five active boys!  Yes, that's right... Five boys!  You can imagine she needs to have the most energy and strength she can throughout her day.


Questions for Michelle:

What's your favorite kickboxing move?  Right jab switch, right round.


What's your favorite exercise on band day?  Squats.

What's your least favorite kickboxing exercise?  Glove kickers.

What's your least favorite exercise on band day?  Chest fly.

What's your favorite protein snack?  Hard boiled eggs.

How long have you been going to FXB?  I started FXB in October of 2012.

What's your favorite FXB Recipe?  Protein pancakes.

Do you have any tips or tricks for other members?  Concentrate on form once you have that down... BAND UP!

What is your favorite part about life at FXB?  The friendships I've made and I love leg day!  I love that Shannon, (Andover instructor), always emphasizes proper form and banding up and additional core work, she amazes me with her strength!  Mikey's, (Blaine instructor), kickboxing classes are always intense.

What's your favorite workout song or music genre?  Hip hop or any music mix Carrie Hachey, (Andover instructor) puts together!

How has living life at Level 10 changed your life?  For the first time in my life I actually enjoy working out.  Other gyms didn’t work for me.  I wasn’t committed and never went.  At Farrell’s I never miss a day unless I’m sick or out of town. Well, scratch the sick. It’s more like, when I’m out of town!  When I miss a day I feel like I missed out on an important family function for the day.  Farrell’s is my morning coffee after my 5AM work out I’m wide awake and ready for the day.

What's your favorite healthy thing to eat?  Peanut Butter on celery or a Rice Cake.



What's your favorite free day splurge?  My new favorite treat is lemon oreos.

Do you have any advice for 10-weekers?  Show up for class every day and give 100% effort. Your workout can be as easy or hard as you make it. Working out 6 days a week is only half of the program.  To achieve the results you are looking for you have to change your diet as well.  It is true what they say - - you can’t out-exercise a bad diet - - trust me I have tried!



Thanks to the Darsows for letting us invade your home!  Next time you are in Andover, say hello to Michelle, if you have not already met her!